Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool #8

A Social Story Personal Space

Introduces the idea to young students of personal space and the proper social skills when communicating.
http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/a-social-story-personal-space/1joHtWvSZ60yI8dIvSQdzw

This video is from TeacherTube.  It began with a commercial and took a lot of buffering, but I liked the video, it was short and very easy to understand about personal space.  I have some students who have a really hard time with personal space.  I see my student watching this video at least once a week.  They could access it themselves on the classroom computer to review it.




This movie is from YouTube.  I really like it!!  It is a video from a graduating class to the coming class about the rules.  One thing I really like about it is that it is acted out in a play type showing what to do and what not to do.  I could see my class doing this, making a video for the next year to review the rules.  I liked the interaction between the teacher and the kids.

I used the search engine blinkx.com, I really liked how it had sooooo many videos very easy to access.  I was able to very easy add them to the blog.  I would love to use this in my teaching.  It would work awesome with an Active Board, someday I would like to get one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment