Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tool #11

After investigating about being a good digital citizens, I have come up with three very important concepts to teach my students.  They include:  1. researching a topic at various cites and making sure the information is authentic, 2. learn the rules for behavior of a digital citizen and 3. the importance of keeping in contact with actual people.  There are tons of different resources that are available to our students. 

I would teach the rules of the computer like I would teach the rules of the class.  I would post them and review them many times.  I would model the appropriate behavior of a good digital citizen and assist students in following the model.  I learned about non-authentic web sites by doing research for research papers and bibliographies.  It would be a good practice to have students do the same.  Keeping track of the research and where you get it from makes it easy to give credit to the research and to keep track of authentic cites.  I also think it is important to utilize all the tools we have now with skype, video messaging, and messaging networks such as Facebook and Twitter.  I would like to utilize all in the classroom.  Like teaching in a multisensory classroom, it is important to teach good digital citizens how to appropriately use all these tool and not just some.

No comments:

Post a Comment