Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tool #10

free educational apps review:
Google Earth App:  I find maps very interesting and most of my students do also.  I like manipulating the image to go closer or farther away.  I like pulling it closer to see the details and farther away to see how it relates to the rest of the state or the country.

Wooden Labyrinth 3-D Lite: I used to see this as only a fun game, but I see how it could be used for hand and eye coordination.  However, I feel that this particular application would drive my kids crazy. 
Level - with the leveler and other tools to assist in measuring or leveling something I think the kids would use this a lot to assist them in measuring, which can be a tedious and frustrating thing for some kids.  However, my husband actually uses this application at work installing home theaters.  It has many uses. 

My class is composed different kinds of students, many that are very behind in their education due to their behavior.  I think the itouch would put a lot of educational activities in a fun game like setting.  With the games my kids could practice many different skills suck as math and spelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment